Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Pineapple as a natural remedy for diarrhea

This is a tried and tested way by myself, my family members and some of my students. The bromelain enzyme in pineapples is anti-inflammatory and helps with diarrhea. I have tried fresh pineapple (1 slice) or take the juice (canned). Both worked equally well for me. 

Do take isotonic drinks to replenish the ions lost during diarrhea, and have lighter or smaller meals if you don't have much appetite to let your digestive system rest. Take plenty of rest and do not exert yourself. Stay hydrated. If the diarrhea persists, do consult a doctor. 

However, I read that some people may have allergic reaction when eating pineapple. If that is the case, this remedy is not for you. 

Click here for further reading on nutrition facts of pineapples:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Banana Oat Omelette with raisins, dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds

  Prep Time: 10 mins.    Baking time: 27 mins    Servings : 3 to 4 pax. Method: Bake with Air fryer.  Ingredients Coconut Oil x 1.5 table s...